Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Farmhouse

The following piece was written by Brayden, Grade 5/6, in response to The Farmhouse Guided Imagery. This guided imagery led to some of the boys writing gruesome horror stories.

I slowly opened the front door of the house. I had knocked but no one answered. When I walked in I felt something on my neck. I felt a shiver down my spine. I turned very, very slowly. There, looking at me, was a spider. It was red, with a black stripe down its back. It was the size of a golf ball. I screamed and flicked it away. It landed on the floor on top of a board game. I squished it. I looked around for more spiders. There were a whole heap of them above me. I screamed and ran.

I went outside to see if there was anyone there. In the shed I found an old phone. I picked it up and went back to the house. I went in through the kitchen window to see if there was a phone plug I could plug the phone into. There was no phone plug in the kitchen. I then searched the rest of the house. The spiders had disappeared.

I went back to the shed to see if there was any petrol. I found a jerry can. There was a bit of petrol in the bottom. It was enough to get me to the petrol station.

But, when I got back to my car, it had been smashed and spread across the road in a million pieces. I lay on the road and cried, "My car! My precious car."

I spotted another shed. I went in and saw a car, a metallic VW Bug with a sports exhaust and V8 motor. It looked like it had just been done up. I got in and there were keys under the seat. I put the keys in the ignition and I started it. It showed a full tank of petrol. I reversed it out of the shed and drove off. I slowed down when I reached what remained of my car and shed a tear. Then I headed back home.

I got home and said "I am home honey!"
But she was not at home. I looked outside to see if my dog was still there but he was dead. I went outside and picked him up. He had a bullet wound in his head. I went down on my knees and said, "What is going to happen next?"

I went inside to put water in the kettle. When I turned on the tap blood was coming out of the tap. I went to look at the hot water system. The top o fthe system was missing. I could see my wife's head. I looked in there and my wife and baby boy were in there. My wife had a bullet wound in the middle of her head. My little boy was dead, scolded by the hot water.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linux Unix said...

Cute blog! Please visit my dog care blog.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home